Human rights abuses involving children are perpetrated around the world by government entities, private companies and individuals. We’re a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and protection of human rights for children. We use an integrated, multi-faceted approach which consists of research and public education, coalition building and grassroots mobilization, and policy advocacy and strategic litigation to advance critical human rights on behalf of children in the United States and around the world.
Our work consists of:
- Protecting children from harm
- Reforming justice systems to ensure we focus on rehabilitating children who come into conflict with the law
- Protecting immigrant, non-native children from harm and discrimination
- Promoting access to quality education for all children
- Promoting healthy communities for children to ensure access to housing and health care
We also work to ensure that every nation state has signed, ratified and is in compliance with the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child and other applicable international treaties that promote and protect the human rights of children.
The Human Rights for Kids logo summarizes our mission in a visual way. Shaped like a star, the logo stands for guidance, light, positivity, and hope. A section of the star is brought to the forefront to represent a child reaching out to welcome and be welcomed. You’ll notice the child’s head also doubles as the sun. The golden color palette represents brightness, as the gradient treatment represents the journey from darkness to light, from despair to hope. Overall, our logo is a beacon of hope and progress, and a constant reminder of our purpose.